be a part of the teamSurfjobs at Rapa Nui
Become a part of the Team
We are looking for experienced and licensed surf instructor for at least 1/2 year or longer.
Long term always welcome.
We are a small family business with a surf school and attached beautiful bungalow complex where our guests live. We offer daily high quality surf courses for beginners to advanced surfers and also daily yoga classes for our surf camp guests. We love to share our passion for surfing and give everyone the same personal attention, from beginner to expert. We believe that we always have to be respectful and take care of each other, our gear and our environment.
Our working hours are max. 6 hours a day with a 5-day week and 2 days off. We offer an official Spanish employment contract with all social benefits, 30 days paid vacation per year and a very good salary.
You need to be flexible, a good observer and listener, experienced in teaching surf lessons, service-minded with an organized and enthusiastic personality... and of course passionate about sharing your knowledge!
- Take care of the equipment, shuttle busses and all the maintenance before and after surf lessons
- Anticipate and prepare the surf lessons based on the students’ levels
- Meet each new guest to explain how our surf shack works and how to take care of all material and cars.
- Keep track of groups/instructors, guest participation, guest expectations and satisfaction
- Demonstrate effective pedagogy and leadership skills and sensitivity to all levels
- Act as a leader in emergency situations and report any accidents or incidents
- give theory lessons once a week
- European passport / citizenship is mandatory
- Based at Fuerteventura nearby Rapa Nui or willing to
Once a week there is a big "all you can eat" BBQ in the Rapa Nui Bar. Presence of the surf instructors is desired. (Food and drinks provided to the surf instructors is free)